Questions to ask your doctor or nurse
Choosing Wisely was created in order to challenge the ‘more is better’ idea. In the case of medical interventions, just because we can, doesn’t always mean we should.
These are the 5 questions you should ask your doctors before any test, treatment or procedure:
- Do I really need this test, treatment or procedure?
- What are the risks or downsides?
- What are the possible side effects?
- Are there simpler, safer options?
- What will happen if I do nothing?
Visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/ChoosingWiselyUK
Visit our Twitter page: https://twitter.com/ChoosingWiselyU